Corporate Social Responsibility
Petronet LNG Ltd. as a responsible Corporate Citizen, undertakes Socio-Economic Development Projects/Programs to supplement the efforts of the local institutions/NGOs/local Government/ implementing agencies in the field of Education, Healthcare, Community Development, Entrepreneurship etc to meet priority needs of the marginalised and underserved communities with the aim to make them self-reliant. These efforts are being undertaken preferably in the local area and areas around our work centres/ project sites.
- The CSR activities would be undertaken by the Company, as projects or programs or activities, excluding activities undertaken in pursuance of its normal course of business.
- The CSR activities would be undertaken by the Company, through a registered trust, society, NGO or Company or its holding or subsidiary or associate company of such other or otherwise registered under Sec 8 of the Act provided that :
(i) Such trust, society, NGO or Company under Sec 8 shall have an established track record of three years in undertaking similar programs or projects;
Petronet is committed to its Corporate Social Responsibility through CSR initiatives utilizing its resources and expertise to provide social, economic, cultural, environmental benefits etc. to the communities.
The CSR Projects/Programs related activities to be undertaken by the Company are specified in Schedule VII of the Companies Act 2013, and amendments thereof. At present these activities are as follows:
- Eradicating hunger, poverty and malnutrition, promoting preventive health care and sanitation including contribution to the Swach Bharath Kosh set up by the Central Government for the promotion of sanitation and making available safe drinking water;
- Promoting education, including special education and employment enhancing vocation skills especially among children, women, elderly, and the differently abled and livelihood enhancement projects;
- Promoting gender equality, empowering women, setting up homes and hostels for women and orphans; setting up old age homes, day care centres and such other facilities for senior citizens and measures for reducing inequalities faced by socially and economically backward groups.
- Ensuring environmental sustainability, ecological balance, protection of flora and fauna, animal welfare, agroforestry, conservation of natural resources and maintaining quality of soil, air and water including contribution to the Clean Ganga Fund set up by the Central Government for rejuvenation of river Ganga.
- Protection of national heritage, art and culture including restoration of buildings and sites of historical importance and works of art; setting up public libraries; promotion and development of traditional arts and handicrafts;
- Measures for the benefit of armed forces veterans, war widows and their dependents;
- Training to promote rural sports, nationally recognised sports, paralympic sports and Olympic sports;
- Contribution to the prime Minister's National Relief Fund or any other fund set up by the Central Government for socio-economic development and relief and welfare of the Scheduled Caste, the Scheduled Tribes, other backward classes, minorities and women;
- Contributions or funds provided to technology incubators located within academic institutions which are approved by the Central Government;
- Rural development projects.
- Slum area development
Any other projects/programs as per amendments made in Schedule VII from time to time.